Who we are
Women in Technology and Science (WITS) is a national independent voluntary organisation.
Founded in November 1990 to actively promote women in technology and science in Ireland, WITS has informed and educated, completed projects, held events and published two books celebrating the lives and achievements of STEM women.
WITS members come from all areas in STEM, from industry and academia, and range in age and experience from third level students to some of the country’s most eminent senior academics and business people.
WITS is proud to have Michael D. Higgins, President of Ireland as Patron.
Read more about WITS below:
- WITS at a glance: WITS key features and stats.
- WITS members' profile: a highlight of some of our members.
- WITS strategy for 2018-2020: We defined SMART 3-year top-level goals.
- Mary Mulvihill: WITS founder who played a vital role in highlighting the role of women in Irish science.
- Our governance: Each year an executive is elected, tasked with a day-to-day running of the organisation.