Who we are
Women in Technology and Science (WITS) is a national independent voluntary organisation.
Founded in November 1990 to actively promote women in technology and science in Ireland, WITS has informed and educated, completed projects, held events and published two books celebrating the lives and achievements of STEM women.
WITS members come from all areas in STEM, from industry and academia, and range in age and experience from third level students to some of the country’s most eminent senior academics and business people.
WITS is proud to have Michael D. Higgins, President of Ireland as Patron.
Read more about WITS below:
- WITS at a glance: WITS key features and stats.
- WITS members' profile: a highlight of some of our members.
- WITS strategy for 2018-2020: The strategy guided WITS work from 2018-2020 and has now concluded.
- WITS strategy for 2021-2025: Ths strategy was approved at the 2020 AGM and the 5 Year goal will guide WITS work.
- Mary Mulvihill: WITS founder who played a vital role in highlighting the role of women in Irish science.
- Our governance: Each year an executive is elected, tasked with a day-to-day running of the organisation.