Aer Lingus Aircraft Maintenance Programme June 2021
- 22 June 2021
Recruitment: Aircraft Maintenance & Engineering Apprentice Programme, Maintenance & Engineering Department Dublin
Aer Lingus is pleased to announce the 2021 Aircraft Maintenance & Engineering Apprentice Programme. Applications are currently being invited from highly motivated individuals, both female and male. As part of our broader commitment to diversity and inclusion, we are keen to attract candidates that can add variety and diversity to our programme. We encourage applications from all profiles and backgrounds with no experience necessary.
The Aircraft Maintenance & Engineering Apprentice Programme is run in conjunction with SOLAS, Further Education & Training Authority in Ireland. Taking approximately four years to complete, this forward-looking programme helps to ensure Aer Lingus has access to talented and qualified engineers for future growth. The training for this programme will take place initially in Dublin followed by some time spent in Shannon in year one before returning to Dublin to complete the programme.
If you are passionate about a carbon neutral future and want to earn while you learn in a company that provides professional opportunities and personal development then why wait, apply to become part of the airline’s highly skilled Maintenance and Engineering team and train and qualify as an Aircraft Engineer. We are currently targeting a start date of September 2021.
5 simple steps to jump-start your career with Ireland’s only 4-star Airline
Step 1. Apply on-line
Step 2. Complete On-Line Assessments & Video Interview
Step 3. Attend Interview via MS Teams
Step 4. Medical and Security Check
Step 5. Begin 4 Year Apprenticeship Training Programme commencing in September 2021
To be considered for the programme, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates must be 18 years of age on the 1st September 2021
- Candidates must have;
- Completed the Leaving Certificate Examinations in or before 2021 OR
- Have attained or be in the process of attaining other recognised educational equivalent OR
- Successful completion of an approved Pre-Apprenticeship course OR
- Three years’ work experience gained over sixteen years of age in a relevant designated industrial activity as SOLAS shall deem acceptable
- Candidates must be physically fit and able to pass a colour vision test and medical assessment
- Candidates must be willing to attend training in Dublin and Shannon and relocate as necessary for this training
- Candidates must be fluent in English both written and spoken
- Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the EU
- Candidates must hold or be eligible for a current unrestricted worldwide passport
- Provide 2 verifiable references
- Candidates must be able to pass a strict airport security vetting procedure which includes a 5 year background check**
- Possess and be able to demonstrate the key competencies and skills outlined below:
Candidates must also have attained the following minimum educational qualifications to be considered. Candidates will be asked for results transcripts at a later stage in the process.
- Grade O5 or higher at Ordinary Level in the Junior Certificate* (or equivalent) in the following subjects: English (ii) Mathematics (iii) Science* (iv) Any two other subjects Grade H6 or higher on Higher Level papers is acceptable
*If you have not attained the required grade in Science, the following is acceptable:
Junior Certificate – Technology, Technical Graphics, Materials Technology (Wood) or Metal Work (Materials and Technology).
- Grade O6/D or higher at Ordinary Level in the Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) in one sitting in the following subjects: (i) English, (ii) Mathematics, (III) Science* (iv) Any two other subjects.
*Agricultural Science, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Physics and Chemistry, Applied Mathematics
If you have not obtained the required grade in any of the above Science subjects, the following is acceptable at Leaving Certificate Level: Construction Studies, Design and Communication, Graphics, Engineering and Technology
- Grade O5 or higher at Ordinary Level in the Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) in maths
- Demonstrate a strong technical and mechanical interest
- A high level of enthusiasm and commitment to the programme for its 4 year duration
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbally
- Proven ability to work on your own initiative while contributing effectively as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain positive professional relationships
Please note if you are completing the Leaving Certificate in 2021 please state this on your CV and outline subjects studied.
Closing Date: Sunday 27th June @midnight
AER LINGUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER