Student 2021 Opportunities
- 12 November 2021
WITS hears about opportunities for students and lists them here with their closing dates. Check back regularly.
- Google Cloud Technical Residency Program. This 1 yr rotation program is now open for applications.
- AIB Technology Graduate programme now open for applications. AIB accepts all disciplines for their Graduate Programme. So whether you have a Bachelor’s degree (2.1 or higher) in Computer Science, Business Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, or indeed any STEM related academic background think about applying here. Find out more.
- Google opportunities October 2021
- Looking for a paid work placement in 2022? Are you a 3rd year student pursuing computer science or a related field in Ireland.Google’s engineering internship program is now accepting applications. Closing date is 26 November 2021.
- Many 1st or 2nd year computer science students in Ireland who started as STEP interns at Google are now working with Google full time. Applications for Student Training in Engineering Program STEP 2022 are now open. Closing date is 26 November 2021.
- Studying computer science or an allied field? Interested in experiencing Google's fastest growing business? The Google Cloud Technical Residency Program is now accepting applications from 2022 graduates to start in summer 2022.
- Accenture: Applications for the 2022 Graduate Programme are open. Accenture offers six graduate streams. Apply today for Analytics | Consulting | Business & Technology Integration | Cyber security | Software Engineering | Interactive (Design | Digital). Closing date is 15 October 2021. Aisling shared her experience of joining Accenture as a Software Engineering graduate. Visit the Graduate Programme video blog to learn more..
- Funded PhD in STEM Education applications open until 14 October. More here
- Google Virtual Student Series runs from 30 September to 3 November 2021. Information here and register here.
- Apply now for a paid traineeship with the European Commission, starting in March 2022! You have a chance to spend 5 months working in a multicultural environment towards achieving the EU’s priorities. STEM graduates needed. Closing date 31 August 2021. Link.
- At Pfizer Dublin there is the potential to work across multiple disciplines in a world-leading biotechnology plant. Learn about a range of opportunities on the Pfizer Grange Castle team.
- Are you looking to kick start a career in science and get an education while getting paid?! Pfizer are recruiting laboratory apprentices in Dublin. Have you an Ordinary Bachelor of Science Degree - Laboratory Analyst (3-year Level 7)? The programme starts in September 2021. Closing Date for applications is 28 May 2021.
- II-LOFAR AstroLands Summer Internships are paid and applications are open until 30 May 2021. All the information and how to apply here.
- Google Inside Look Program 2021 now open for applications. It runs virtually on 28, 29 July 2021 and applcants must be studying computer science or a related technical subject. Applications close on 1 June 2021.
- Google Developer Student Club lead. Applications now open! Closing date is 30 May 2021.
- DIAS Astronomy & Astrophysics Summer Studentships 2021 now open!. As part of the DIAS Summer Studentships programme in 2021, DIAS Astrophysics is delighted to offer several Summer Studentships. Closing date is Friday 23 April 2021.
- 29 March 2021 Applications close for Patch, a 6 week long summer accelerator for 16 – 21 year olds. It runs from July 7th - August 18th 2021. Participating teams spend the summer working on a chosen project, getting to know a group of peers and learning from mentors and speakers. Patch is open to future entrepreneurs, scientists, engineers, designers and technologists of all stripes. Apply now.
- 12 March 2021 @ 1 pm Jane Street Virtual Employee Panel. Interested in learning more about Jane Street. Join this 60-minute virtual event! This event is for students at any point in their academic career from any degree background. Sign up by 10 March 2021.
- 10 March 2021 @ 4 pm Google Summer of Code Workshop 2021. Register now for the 1 hour webinar. Applications open on March 29, 2021 and closeon April 13, 2021. Google Summer of Code is an opportunity to woork on Open Source projects that matter while getting paid this summer.
- 10 March 2021, Jane Street Discover programme for students. More here and link to apply. Closing date for applications is 4 March 2021.
- 8 March 2021 International Women's Day
- Celebrate International Women’s Day with Google! This two day virtual event series is open to all higher education students in Europe, the Middle East, and Africa and is committed to creating spaces where women who are at the start of their careers can find community, inspiration, and empowerment. Deadline to register is Thursday, Mar. 7, 2021 at 11:59 pm. Register here.
- Vodaphone Summer Internships for third level students: applications open until 28 February 2021. Interships start on 31 May 2021.
- 5 PhD positions available starting September 2021. WITS member Melissa Walsh writes: We have 5 PhD positions available for the prestigious PIADS programme that will commence in September 2021, covering a range of Photonics Themes: Biomedical, Optical Communications, Packaging & Hybrid Integration, and Monolithic & Heterogeneous Integration. The successful candidates will join a vibrant student cohort and well-established Centre for Doctoral Training (CDT) at the Irish Photonics Integration Centre (IPIC) in the Republic of Ireland (ROI) in partnership with Queens University Belfast and the University of Glasgow. Students will benefit from the close working research collaborations, industry interactions, courses available and social activities for the programme provided by all partners. See our PIADS CDT pages here for further details and our research brochure. For direct queries please contact the PIADS programme manager: email@example.com. Apply now: https://www.tyndall.ie/pmo-15e-piads-centre-for-doctoral-training-phd-studentships.
- UnitedHealth Group have openings for STEM graduates in Dublin and Letterkenny. Click on the place of interest to explore these options.
- 29 January 2021 Tyndall & IPIC Summer Internships 2021 applications close. Apply now here.
- 13 January 2021 5-9 pm SSW2021 Virtual STEM Exhibition. Book here. This unique exhibition will feature demonstrations in virtual reality, robotics and astronomy, as well as insightful talks from experts in the areas of construction, information technology, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, electronics, weather-forecasting, agri-technology, environmental engineering, and cybersecurity.
- Connecting Women in Technology (CWiT) Tech Starter panel discussion at the first virtual BT Young Scientist & Technology Exhibition! @BTYSTE. Panel is on 6 January 2021 @ 7 pm. Register here. There's a great range of speakers and the event is emceed by Ann O'Dea of Silicon Republic.
- Emerson Automation Solutions Graduate Programme now open. Emerson write:
- Are you ready to kick-start your engineering career in a fast paced, international environment? Emerson’s Graduate programme is open for applications and we are looking for you to be part of the Ireland Operations program of a global market leader! The program has been designed to offer the skills and knowledge you need to immediately add value and contribute to meeting the needs of our premier Life Science clients. Information and application https://www.gradcracker.com/hub/311/emerson. Read what Chloe Curry Graduate Engineer says about the programme here.
- UCD Scholarships Huawei 'Tech4Her' Scholarship open for women currently studying on a taught full-time graduate programme within STEM from UCD Access & Lifelong Learning. More here. Closing date 23 December 2020 @ 12 pm.
- Paid 10 week summer internships for Irish students at the @I_LOFARstation at Birr Castle in association with the SETI Research Centre at UC Berkeley. More here. Scroll down to read the opportunists for Irish students and apply before 12 February 2021.
- i-FIT Ireland's Females in Tech. New all exclusive all-female Tech Apprenticeship now open for applications. I-FIT is an exciting two-year programme aimed at enabling women to attain tech skills & qualifications to commence a successful ICT career. Information and application here.
Upcoming internship opportunities at ESA are now published and will remain open until 10 December 2020. Internships last from three to six months and opportunities are available in engineering, science, IT, natural/social sciences, business and administration services. Find out more here and explore the job opportunities here.
- IT Resident program is a great opportunity for new graduates studying computer science and related fields in Ireland.
- Google scholarship supporting women in computer science open for applications. Successful applicants will be awarded €5,000 annually, for the duration of their undergraduate studies. More here. The closing date is 4 December 2020.
- Google Internship applications are now open for students graduating after August 2021. More here.