Student 2023 Opportunities
- 21 August 2023
WITS hears about opportunities for students and lists them here with their closing dates. Check back regularly.
- Google Back to School series 5- 6 September 2023. Registrations are now live for the Google Back To School series, for both technical and non-technical students! This program is committed to helping students to prepare for your future career. Learn more at goo.gle/backtoschool23.
- The SFI Centre for Research Training in Advanced Networks for Sustainable Societies (ADVANCE CRT) has opened applications for its 5th Cohort of PhD students with deadline on Monday 10 April 2023. More details are in this link and in this file.
- Google is hosting a virtual EMEA International Women’s Day 2023 Series on March 15-16, 2023 with a live streamed series of events featuring panels and talks highlighting the accomplishments and forward momentum of women technologists and their allies. Learn more and register at goo.gle/iwd2023emea-register #IWD2023 #Google
NUI Travelling Doctoral Studentships: The NUI Travelling Doctoral Studentships offered in Sciences and Engineering include all branches of Sciences, Engineering and Architecture. Interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary Studentships are eligible and encouraged to apply. They are open to NUI graduates planning on pursuing doctoral research with a substantial travel component. Travelling Doctoral Studentships facilitate NUI graduates to pursue doctoral research outside of Ireland. First year doctoral students are also eligible to apply for this award. The value is up to €106,000 over 4 years. The closing date is Monday, 27 March 2023 and more information is at www.nui.ie/awards/TravellingDoctoralStudentships.
- Tyndall National Institute has prestigious PIADS PhD positions available for September 2023. They are:
- PhD in “Advanced Digital Signal Processing Enabling Flexible Coherent PON towards 200G/λ and Beyond” (Photonics)
- PhD in “Intelligent image analytics for in-vivo micro camera applications in biophotonics” (Photonics)
- PhD in “Hybrid integration of site-controlled (In)GaAs quantum dot photonic platforms for quantum computation” (Photonics)
- Click on the links to find out more. The closing dates for all the positions is 28th February, 2023.
- Niamh Burke Memorial Bursary 2023. Applications are open for the bursary, which will award a total of €10,000 to students pursuing postgraduate studies linked to climate action and renewable energy in Ireland in 2023. Candidates can apply for the bursary until 2 March 2023 here.